About the role
In your new role you will form part of Centralised Finance, a team dedicated to the delivery of accounting, transactional processing, financial reporting and analysis for Hilton hotels across Australia. This role is a 3 month, casual contract. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be responsible for performing assigned Accounts Receivable duties as required for one or multiple hotels, ensuring efficient utilisation of the document management system DocMatrix.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Perform daily checks, review all necessary reports and ensure proper routing of reports for approval.
- Participate in month end activities to support the hotels in the timely delivery of credit and accounts receivable reporting.
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation as required.
- Comply and assist with internal and external audit requests and requirements
- Actively manage and review tasks on DocMatrix, ensuring documents are complete, approved and maintained
- Follow up closely on outstanding accounts and balances with relevant debtors and identify and allocate payments accurately
- Attends to any administrative tasks required for the proper functioning of DocMatrix. This includes coordination with vendor for any system issues.
- Perform daily checks, review all necessary reports and ensure proper routing of reports for approval
- Participate in month end activities to support the timely delivery of credit and accounts receivable reporting
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation
- Coordinate and participate in credit updates and meetings
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Previous experience in a Finance role
- Accurate, well-organised, enthusiastic and reliable
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficiency, at an intermediate to advanced level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft programs (Excel and Word), Property Management Systems and Point of Sales Systems
- Demonstrated trust and integrity in dealing with cash and financial reporting
- Experience working in the Hotel or Hospitality Industry is an advantage
Culture and benefits
Our team are responsible for living up to our brand promise of ‘ensuring that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected,’ we achieve this by ensuring our Blue Energy culture is alive in each of our hotels. Blue Energy is the unspoken energy and passion behind each of our dedicated team members who are focused on making a difference. It links our vision ‘To fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality’ – to our values of ‘Hospitality’, ‘Integrity’, ‘Leadership’, ‘Teamwork’, ‘Ownership’ and ‘Now’. As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive;
- A competitive industry salary and generous annual leave benefits
- Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
- Discounts of up to 50> on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Career development planning opportunities
- Participation in Team Member of the Month Awards and other Team Activities