Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 4000 lawyers operating from 58 offices worldwide in Europe, Asia Pacific, Canada, Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, the Americas and Central Asia.
Recognised for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. Knowing how our clients’ businesses work and understanding what drives their industries is fundamental to us.
Our Real Estate practice group is recognised as one of the leading Property teams in Australia. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Associate to join the Real Estate team in the Brisbane office working alongside leaders in this area of law. This is a unique opportunity to pursue an area of property law that presents exciting potential for career advancement and significant development opportunities, including the possibility for international opportunities.
The key responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
- Manage complex commercial property law transactions including acquisition and disposals
- Advise clients across a variety of industries inclduing hospitality and tourism, transport, infrastructure, mining and commodoties
- Provide general commercial and contract advice
- Provide high end advice on major tourism infrastructure projects including hotel and resorts, advising from the initial development stage (including approvals) through to the operational and management stage
- 3-5 years’ PQE gained within a real estate practice in an international or top tier law firm
- Previous commercial and industrial leasing experience required
- Previous experience with liquor licensing essential
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills and acute commercial acumen are considered essential
- Experience working on complex sales and acquisitions
- Excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills
- Exceptional client liaison skills
The successful candidate will need to be an energetic, driven and focused individual with exceptional academic achievements. At Norton Rose Fulbright, you will be rewarded with genuine career prospects and an excellent team environment renowned for its collaborative culture, passion for client service and professional development opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply.
Norton Rose Fulbright values diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment where every employee can bring their whole self to work and realise their career potential. We value difference and appreciate the variety of perspectives that this brings to our business and client offering. We recognise and embrace our obligation as an organisation to contribute to the communities in which we work and this underpins our strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. We provide a range of opportunities in which our people can make a difference to their local and global communities including through pro bono legal work, charitable giving and volunteering. Our CSR program fosters community spirit and is a vital part of our cultural make-up.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below. It is the policy of NRFA Group to provide workplace adjustments for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance or adjustments to fully participate in the application/interview process, please contact Stacey Leake, HR Manager on +61 (0) 7 3414 2258 or email@example.com.