A large well known retail organization is looking for a Business Analyst to commence a 6 month rolling contract (with potential to become permanent) based out in Sydney's CBD.
The project is about to deliver a new cloud technology stack with a new application that is to be integrated with an existing application.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of user needs and a business outcomes approach
- Self-motivated, creative and strong sense of accountability,
- Excellent active listing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong negotiation capabilities
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in all aspects of your role
- Sound administrative skills, and good analytical and reporting abilities
- Extensive experience in Visio and Excel
- Experience in Confluence and Jira Suite
- Experience to translate high-level business requirements into functional specifications in addition to managing changes to the specifications.
- Own multiple project related work efforts (business requirements, functional requirements, best practice, process definition etc.) along with CRM and Loyalty departmental tasks.
- Experience owning BA responsibilities (as described above) for the full software development lifecycle (waterfall and agile) for large projects and/or multiple overlapping shorter-term projects. Ability to manage multiple concurrent BA tasks along with other departmental tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with vendor software implementation and integration projects.
- Facilitation of business requirements gathering and definition in various formats including joint collaboration sessions with business and IT, targeted Q&A sessions with multiple Subject Mater Experts, and one-on-one user interviews.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to connect with business SMEs, end users, IT partners, and 3rd party software vendors. Able to effectively convey critical information to various levels within the organization.
3+ years of IT Business Analyst experience with preference for direct experience in CRM or Loyalty domains.
Proven experience in documenting business requirements, and translating these into system features
- Creation of business requirements documents
- Development of Epic and user story documents
- Development & review of design documents
- Development of 'To Be' processes
- Provide input and support the development of test plans & scripts
- Execution of validation testing
- Provision of application support to QA teams and customer teams
- Analysis & resolution of production problems
- Assist business users
- Quality assurance principles
- Contribute to Technical Solution design (fit for purpose)
- Experience in working within a team that is not co-located
- Experience with Retail Point of Sale and Loyalty Application IT systems
- Business-based degree
- Professional BA accreditations
- Professional Agile accreditations