DFS Australia. (“Dell”) is looking for a candidate with strong compliance & risk controls skills. The candidate must possess a detailed understanding and knowledge of the financial services industry, including the applicable laws and regulations.
Reporting to the Senior Management Team and Dell’s Global Business Risk team, the Compliance and Business Risks Controls Associate will have responsibility for developing, implementing and monitoring the Dell regulatory framework for both Australia and New Zealand, with particular responsibility for procedures, policies and the ongoing compliance monitoring program across all areas of the company. This position assists business units in identifying, controlling and monitoring our compliance obligations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the development, implementation and keeping up-to-date the policies, procedures and controls related to regulatory obligations, including those related to AML and Data Protection.
- Be involved in the interpretation of laws and regulations to assess applicability and requirements for Dell, seeking guidance from the Legal department as needed.
- Enhance the development and implementation of compliance and AML protocols as new regulations emerge and laws change.
- Involvement in the development of preventive controls through policies, processes and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provide both day-to-day guidance and assistance to the business units on regulatory compliance and AML controls.
- Thorough understanding and management of business partner needs and expectations
- Manages project & program execution; works across the organization to effectively obtain & allocate resources to complete projects / programs on time
- Strong knowledge of risk identification, root cause analysis, developing solutions and recommendations
- Anticipates operational, program, and implementation issues and develops preventative measures
- Participate on project teams to drive compliance requirements and deliverables.
- Work with business partners to develop and implement monitoring tools.
- Perform detective testing of business processes and outputs for compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Utilize analytic methods and software to detect potential compliance breaches.
- Advise management of issues, recommend corrective actions and work with business units to implement changes.
- Provide regulatory support on existing business practices and new initiatives.
- Respond to complex compliance and AML questions & requests from the business.
- Contributing to the development and co-ordination of training
- Prepare responses to regulatory inquiries, examinations and investigations.
- Work with management to foster a compliance culture across the organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of Australian and New Zealand regulatory and AML requirements and the proven ability to apply that knowledge in financial services.
- Strong understanding of regulatory and commercial environment within the financial sector, in particular the leasing sector.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to make logical and reasoned decisions.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to manage through ambiguous problems establish priorities and effectively work across multiple areas.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively on teams and as an independent contributor with limited direction and oversight.
- Ability to independently perform compliance related research.
- Proficient in translating complex data and analyses into actionable findings, strategies and tactics.
- Proven ability to provide compliance training to staff members.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Education / Experience:
- A relevant qualification in Compliance and/or legal fields is preferable
- Prefer experience in related field or an acceptable equivalent combination of education, related training, and practical experience
- 5 years of experience in Regulatory Compliance
- Program management experience preferred
- Audit or controls testing experience preferred