Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organisation running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organisation, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
About the opportunity
The Markets Finance Advisor Region Lead (MFA – RL) is a finance professional focused on providing markets performance insights and support to region markets leadership. The MFA Region Lead will deliver services to the Region Accounts Leader, and Market Segment Leaders and facilitate the connection between market segments and service lines. The MFA will team and collaborate with key stakeholders, in particular regions markets operations, other region finance, region business development, and the MFA-Area Lead, to ensure effective and consistent finance support to markets leadership. The MFA will provide insight, analyzing, modeling, advising on, and operationalizing key financial elements, to enable leadership to maximize financial performance. In addition, the MFA will lead financial elements of key processes such as the Revenue Plan and Account Plan, advise on cost budgets that pertain to marketing and business development, and leverage leading practices with MFAs in the area and the global community
In your role as a Markets Finance Advisor Region Lead you’ll:
- Support financial planning and performance management activities
- Lead financial elements of key processes, covering
- Lead the implementation of markets finance initiatives in the region
- Advise on cost budgets
- Financial delivery excellence and teaming
- Leading implementation of markets finance initiatives across the region with minimal supervision
- Assessing the drivers of financial results with constant focus on improvement and rapid course correction where necessary
- Analysing data in order to form and communicate a crisp view of the financial metrics to Markets Leadership
- Continuously advising the markets leadership team on expected financial performance vs. plan based upon analytics such as trend analysis and modelling of forward looking scenarios
We’re looking for people with the following experience:
- Graduate and/or professional certification in a business related subject matter (i.e. Accounting, Finance) is required to perform this position.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience is required to perform this position. A deep understanding of the drivers of financial performance in a market facing professional services environment and understanding of EY’s external services and of the area/regional markets landscape is essential, preferably with experience working with / in markets organisation. EY experience is preferred.
- Ideally located within the region.
- Must be able to operate on the time zone of the Accounts Leader.
- Must be able to travel to main EY locations within the region on a regular basis, as well as to other locations from time to time.
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world, to help create wider economic and social benefits today, and a strong legacy for a better tomorrow.
Across every part of EY, we dig deeper in pursuit of better working. Does better begin with you? Click apply online to find out. For a confidential discussion please call [insert recruiter’s name] on [insert contact number or email].
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider.
© 2015 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved.