The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide credit decisioning capability across the Consumer/TMI sector, including credit assessment and control of risk in relation to the lending assets of CIB.
- Provide a quality of service and balance for the business units that enhance their capacity to achieve their business objectives. This will include early involvement in the credit process, assistance in structuring of credit requests, client visits, participation in professional sessions/seminars and frequent daily interaction with the Relationship, Product and Portfolio Management & Origination (PMO) teams.
- Provision of robust risk oversight and challenge to ensure adherence to the banks’ credit risk frameworks (Risk Setting Statements, Delegated Commitment Authorities, Credit Policy and Standards).
- Move credit submissions through the analysis stage to the appropriate approval level and provide a credit decision within the time frame that has been mutually agreed with the Client Director, PMO and/or deal team leader.
You will be a highly experienced career banking/finance professional with extensive experience gained in corporate/business banking, together with:
- Experience in Credit Risk Management roles with material authorities
- Experience in credit writing
- Significant experience in direct deal structuring roles within a financial institution
- Relevant industry experience would be seen as advantageous
- Working knowledge of the various markets in which the bank is represented
- Leadership skills
You will likely have an undergraduate degree in accounting/business/finance or similar discipline. DCA accreditation is essential.