- Enjoy job security with a successful and growing business.
- Attractive and rewarding negotiable salary.
- Uniform, laptop with relevant software, mobile phone.
This is a great opportunity for an Electrical Automation Engineer to join a highly motivated customer focused team in Hallam. As a Electrical Automation Engineer for Laser Electrical Hallam, you will join a team of skilled and competent electricians who service the industrial sector across Melbourne, in particular, the South East. If you don’t enjoy sitting in an office all day but value the opportunity to have regular contact with clients on site, then this position is for you.
Your role will be to provide design service and system integration support to all Laser Electrical Hallam client sites. You will be expected to write PLC programs and documentation. You will have the chance to become familiar with SCADA systems and plant network configuration. You will be able to work with various brands of HMI’s. You will have the chance to test your diagnostic and fault finding skills and solve complex problems. You will be challenged to respond to emergency breakdown situations. You will learn to read and understand circuit drawings and be required to draw electrical circuits in CAD form. You will program variable speed drives AC and DC.
We are looking for someone with the right mindset and attitude. If you want to work in a team and learn new skills and technologies and deliver solutions to problems and be able to communicate with fellow workers and the client, then this position is for you.
Whilst experience in the electrical industry would be an advantage, it is not imperative to the role as the person with the required skills will rise to the challenge.
Laser Electrical Hallam provides premium maintenance solutions which incorporate preventative maintenance, capital projects and response to breakdown situations. We service customers that manufacture in food production, waste management, cold storage and other forms of manufacturing. Programming is required to run refrigeration, conveyor systems, powder coating plants, heavy machinery, mixers, fillers, lathes, scanners and other machinery utilised in the production process. The range of customers that we service provides our employees with an interesting variety of work that makes every day different.
The successful applicant will be a person that possesses the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Electrical A Grade Trade Qualification preferred but not essential.
- Minimum of 4+ years practical experience
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of PLC platforms (i.e. Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi etc)
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency of SCADA platforms (i.e. Ci-Tech)
- Excellent problem solving and fault finding skills
- An ability to effectively communicate with a broad range of stakeholders including attending meetings, improvement sessions and reporting to management.
- Committed approach to delivering high quality and timely outcomes
- Willingness to travel and undertake site work is essential in various fields.
- Flexibility to adapt to working across a variety of engineering and maintenance projects
- Australian Residency
- Unrestricted Driver’s Licence
If you are a highly motivated and energetic individual with strong leadership skills, looking for a challenge and to make their mark on the growth of a successful award winning company, then we would like to hear from you.