Were looking for a passionate engineering leader who is excited by the opportunity to define, lead and execute the technical strategy for Campaign Monitor, a fast-growing software company with more than 2 million customers at 150,000 companies and a global engineering team with offices in Sydney, San Francisco, and London. Youll draw on your deep technical and management experience to shape the team structure, engineering processes, architecture, and contribute to the overall strategy of how we build amazing software.
This role will be challenging, rewarding and absolutely critical to the success of the company. You will need technical management abilities, but even more importantly youll need to be a fantastic people manager. Youll use this ability to inspire your team to get high quality and consistent product releases in our customers hands faster than ever before.
This job is perfect for someone who has experience growing an engineering team in a thoughtful and effective way, ideally across more than one continent. You know how to find, hire and nurture the best engineers on the planet. You have experience mentoring junior engineers to reach their potential and have worked closely with senior engineers to become fantastic managers and leaders in their own right.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering, you care deeply about the quality of our product, the environment your team works in and about shaping an exciting and innovative engineering culture that allows great people to thrive.
More than 150,000 designers, agencies and amazing companies of all shapes and sizes rely on Campaign Monitor to manage their email marketing, but there are many more customers we haven’t met yet.
At Campaign Monitor you’ll be joining a team of smart and passionate people to solve challenging and interesting problems using the latest technologies. You’ll have an awesome computer setup, enjoy delicious breakfasts/lunches prepared by our in-house chefs, participate in our share program, take part in the monthly team events, and have access to a training budget to make sure you’re always learning and growing.
Who are you?
Youre a passionate engineering leader who is excited by the opportunity to define, lead and execute the technical strategy for a fast-growing software company with a global engineering presence. Youll love drawing on your deep technical and management experience to shape a world class engineering team.
What youll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development
- You will be responsible for leveraging and evolving Campaign Monitors deep understanding of our customers data to develop rich analytics, engagement, segmentation, and other offerings for B2C marketers and their teams
- You will provide deep technical guidance in a number of aspects of production engineering in a scalable JVM ecosystem.
- You will work with close counterparts in other disciplines as part of a cross-functional team, and nurture this culture in your team
- You will both foster innovation and drive delivery
- You will be based in Sydney
Who you are
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the marketing industry
- You thrive when developing great people, not just great products
- You are an experienced leader in using modern practices and tools to process, store, and expose consumer-scale datasets and build robust backend services
- You are well-versed in data-driven and data-informed product development
- You are comfortable with the nuts and bolts of backend software engineering, data engineering, and basic data science
- You are an experienced manager with a strong commercial record of attracting and growing great engineers
- You have experience in fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile and devops environment
- You want to make an impact
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply and we encourage you to help us change the way marketers interact with their customers.