An opportunity has arisen in our Sydney (Chatswood) office for a Finance Operations Manager to join our Finance team.
To provide leadership and technical guidance for the finance function for Sage Software Australia:
- Leading the Finance Operations Team
- Assist in Interpreting the Financial reporting & analysis to other finance stakeholders for Internal Management
- Compliance with legislation, GAAP, Sage Group Policies and audit requirements
- Financial assistance and guidance to Management Team and Group
- To ensure compliance with ASIC and all other Government Authorities.
The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships with other key global functions and regional stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Finance Operations leader with a strong track record of designing, implementing and running efficient Finance Operations capable of delivering high levels of service to external and internal customers in line with agreed SLA’s, reporting deadlines and operating targets.
- Management of accounting & financial staff.
- Develop and support finance staff to maximise operating efficiencies, to consistently maintain periodic deadlines to meet management and Group requirements.
- Articulate and instil core values and standards that the company upholds.
- Provide timely monthly reports to management
- Analysis of departmental financial operations and preparation of Ad Hoc reports for management
- Liaison with auditors to ensure audit compliance
Compliance & Risk Management
- Compliance with all statutory, tax, legislative and Sage Group obligations.
- Ensure that Finance Operations operates within the agreed upon accounting policies, procedures and processes to ensure consistent and accurate accounting activity and driving the deployment and execution of accounting policies, procedures and processes within the team.
- Ensure continued compliance with relevant payment and collections legislation e.g. CCA and Direct Debit Scheme rules.
- Significant experience in leading finance operations function.
- Significant experience (10 years plus) in implementing and managing a finance operations function preferably in an international environment.
- Significant experience in a Finance Operations leadership environment.
- Significant people management and change management experience.
- Significant experience in a service oriented culture.
- Significant experience in driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience within a global matrix organisation, ideally within the technology sector.
- Experience with systems improvement/implementation programmes.
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Australian recognised accounting qualification.
- CPA, CA or CIMA or similarly recognised accounting qualification.
- Professional Accounting Body membership.
- Knowledge in the use of Sage300 Accounting Software.
- Ensure all company and group deadlines are met.
- Ensure timely compliance with Payroll Tax, BAS, PAYG tax and other statutory authorities
- Preparation of system generated annual SM&S billing.
- Management of cash flow.
- Review and approval of ledger entries and financial transactions
- Support the design of the global processes and reporting for back office from a finance operations perspective.
- Ensure the new Sage X3 General Ledger and P2P system is tested and implemented successfully in Australia.
- Work with IT to routinely review system performance and lead roadmap planning for current initiatives and future requirements in line with Voice of the Customer.
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment.
- Taking a lead role in new business initiatives ensuring robust and innovative financial processing solutions are developed to support business objectives whilst ensuring relevant legislation and policies are complied with.
- Lead Finance Operations workforce planning and analysis in line with global recruiting strategy.
- Define competency models for various Finance Operations positions, as well as the training philosophy, strategy, policies, procedures and budgets based on Finance Operation’s needs.
- Performance management of senior Finance Operations talent.
- Identify critical roles for succession planning purposes, and assist with defining global Finance Operations career and succession planning framework.
- Initiate and drive execution of continuous improvement initiatives to achieve goals and objectives.
- Manage the integration of acquisitions or extraction of disposals as required.
Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
Like many of the businesses we serve, Sage began as a small business and has grown beyond what seemed imaginable. Today over 13000 colleagues now support millions of entrepreneurs across 23 countries as they power the global economy.
It is these entrepreneurs who are the drivers of prosperity and it’s our privilege and honour to serve them. We take real pride from how many of our customers have flourished and, that our products have grown with them as they moved from start-up to successful, international businesses.
In a world where only the voices of the biggest are heard, we will always fight to hear the voice of the entrepreneur.
An innovator today and tomorrow
Our smart people use the smartest technology to reinvent and simplify business accounting – working with a thriving community of entrepreneurs, business owners, tradespeople, accountants, partners and developers.
We enable our customers to focus on their business and help them to leapfrog to the future.
Inventing the future
We are changing the way that millions of businesses track the movement of money through their business. We are also changing the way we do business. And as a FTSE 100 business we believe in a socially-responsible world and we are active in supporting our local communities and invest in making a real difference through the philanthropy of the Sage Foundation. Our Sage Foundation is based on the 2+2+2 model – 2% of free cash flow, 2% of colleagues’ time and up to 2 free products each year to charitable organizations. Colleagues are empowered to give to the causes that matter to them.
Our customers make life-sacrifices. They take risks to follow their dreams and pursue their passions and, on this, global prosperity is built. They deserve a bigger voice and we will always work hard to champion this noble cause.