Alpenglow Australia is a Radiology Service, specialising in regional, rural and remote areas, utilising the latest technology to provide a metropolitan level service to our communities.
We are a multi-disciplinary team, with the ongoing recruitment of experienced and motivated Radiologists, Clinical Technicians and Medical Reception staff.
We pride ourselves in offering Medical Imaging Services equivalent to and if not, better than in the Metro areas of Australia.
Our mission is “To offer world leading technologies to rural communities and referrers throughout Australia.
Our philosophy focuses on ensuring that our service levels are continuously improved and coupled with high quality imaging, we aim to deliver a much needed service to our regional and rural communities.
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced Medical Administrator/Medical Typist, who is passionate about administration, typing and customer service, but looking to grow your medical typing skills as well as provide quality control and support to a team of Radiologists.
If you are then look no further, we are looking for an experienced and friendly Medical Administrator/Medical Typist to join our Radiologist Support Team on a Full-Time basis.
This role will be based at our Sydney Head Office which is located right in the centre of the Sydney CBD and near the QVB.
This role is split into 3 main focus areas:
- Medical Transcription
Typing of radiology reports dictated by our Radiologists
- Quality Control
You will work alongside the Radiologists in ensuring reports are dictated efficiently and accurately.
This includes proof reading, reviewing, auditing and editing the typed medical reports from the Medical typists.
- Administration and Customer Service
You will be part of the support team to assist a range of other tasks including but not limited to:
- Overflow phone bookings from our other practices using our Radiology Information System
- Providing customer support to patients and internal staff that result from phone and email enquiries
- Connecting our Radiologists with referring doctors
- Electronic database maintenance of our PACS system as well as worklist management throughout the day to ensure KPIs are met
- Providing ad-hoc support to our Radiologists
- Assist with Radiologist credentialing.
Skills and experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in typing a high volume of medical reports.
- Exceptional typing speed with a high degree of accuracy and grammar with a minimum typing speed of 70 wpm.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong experience using medical software, experience using Comrad and RIS Radiology Information System would be highly regarded.
- Competent in medical terminology and medical radiology.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly organised and the ability to multi-task.
- Flexibility with hours.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Great interpersonal skills with patients and team members.
- Professional presentation and attitude;
- Detail-oriented & team spirit;
- Proactive approach & good work ethic.
Job benefits and perks
Here at Alpenglow, you will be working with a very tight knit and dedicated Radiology Support Team who provide exceptional patient care in a busy network of practices.
Our Alpenglow Head Office is located right at the centre of the Sydney CBD in a convenient location, opposite the QVB and the QVB Bus Interchange. The office is also just a short walk to Town Hall Station, Pitt Street Mall and Darling Harbour.