MongoDB is looking for outstanding engineers to work on its popular database server. The engineer’s main goal is to develop the next generation of MongoDB and to maintain the current one. Database Server engineers work on MongoDB internals, contributing with design, code, and testing for the product. They’ll be involved in a range of opportunities, from design and implementation of new features to troubleshooting and fixing existing ones. This position is based in our Sydney, Australia office.
Will report to the Director of Engineering (Storage) at MongoDB, Inc.
- Understand and improve current functionality of the MongoDB Database Server
- Identify, design, implement, test, launch and support next generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product
- Work with other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Work with support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes
- Job Requirements
- Strong domain knowledge of concurrency control and recovery and/or file systems and storage
- Hands-on experience building industrial-strength software related to at least one of your domain knowledge areas above
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with large code bases, either in C++ or C, and Linux development
- Sc. in Computer Science. M.Sc. and Ph.D. in relevant domain a plus