Macquarie University Hospital is Australia’s first and only private not-for-profit teaching hospital on a university campus. Modelled on renowned international university hospitals, our approach to treatment is based on combining the best available knowledge, expertise and technology to ensure our patients receive a comprehensive and integrated service, as well as the utmost compassion, support and care.
Set in the expansive grounds of Macquarie University, amid one of the fastest growing areas of Sydney, this stunning, state-of-the-art facility is conveniently placed within walking distance of the Macquarie University train station and is only 25 mins drive from Sydney’s CBD.
We are currently seeking an experienced Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) to manage our Endoscopy Department on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the successful candidate will be required to have extensive exposure to Endoscopy nursing with proven experience managing staff and the ability to motivate and lead a team.
The Nurse Unit Manager, Endoscopy is responsible for the provision of efficient and effective operating services that achieve optimal patient outcomes. This position ensures the delivery of high quality nursing care in accordance with legislative requirements and professional guidelines.
As the NUM, you will be responsible for managing the resources and staff of the Endoscopy department and providing management, mentorship and support in the achievement of excellence in nursing practice. This includes promoting a culture that embraces best practice and identifies, evaluates and incorporates appropriate emerging trends in the practice of the clinical disciplines within the Endoscopy department.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Registered Nurse with a current registration to practice from the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or working towards the same; or alternatively relevant work experience, or combination of qualification and work experience in Endoscopy Nursing
- Understanding and Management of Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and management within the healthcare setting
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate clinical services and manage change
- Proven ability to create and maintain a positive workplace culture and articulate and achieve a vision for nursing services
- Demonstrated management skills with ability to take initiative in resolving issues and problems
- Stakeholder management skills, ensuring that multiple people with different agendas are working efficiently to the same end
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Effective interpersonal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to set priorities, establish and achieve agreed objectives
- Demonstrated computer literacy and confidence in using Microsoft and health care information systems
We offer fabulous Employee Benefits including:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Salary packaging
- Comfortable and sophisticated working conditions
- Extensive campus-based Sports & Fitness facilities
Macquarie University Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity and social inclusion.
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians; people with a disability; those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; and women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles)
Nurse Unit Manager Endoscopy Position Description
Applications will only be accepted via the Hospital’s online system. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 18 May 2018.