- Responsible for ledger maintenance, accounting and taxation reporting for the Client Reporting team products
- Basic accounting for equity, fixed interest, swaps, OTC equities and unit trust trading within Westpac and BT trusts as well as individually managed investment portfolios;
- Entering/amending static data, opening client accounts, account setups
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POSITION
Reconciliations – Bank, Stock and Derivatives
Reconciliations of bank accounts, stock & unit trust holdings, futures & LEPOs contracts
Investigate and follow up unresolved items.
Maintenance of Client Data
Maintain the client data and ledger in WIAS, checking new clients.
Review outstanding match report and ensure old items are cleared.
Prior Experience / Skills/Knowledge:
• Basic market knowledge and interest in the funds management industry (2-3 years)
• Basic accounting and tax knowledge (completion or near completion of relevant degree)
• Willingness to undertake further studies (CPA, ACA, SIA)
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Good interpersonal and relationship skills
Joining Westpac has many perks. You’ll be
- Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and th possibility of permanent recruitment within the group.