- Responsible for ledger maintenance, accounting and taxation reporting for the Client Reporting team products
- Basic accounting for equity, fixed interest, swaps, OTC equities and unit trust trading within Westpac and BT trusts as well as individually managed investment portfolios;
- Entering/amending static data, opening client accounts, account setups
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE POSITION
Reconciliations – Bank, Stock and Derivatives
- Reconciliations of bank accounts, stock & unit trust holdings, futures & LEPOs contracts
- Investigate and follow up unresolved items.
Maintenance of Client Data
- Maintain the client data and ledger in WIAS, checking new clients.
- Review outstanding match report and ensure old items are cleared.
Prior Experience / Skills/Knowledge:
• Basic market knowledge and interest in the funds management industry (2-3 years)
• Basic accounting and tax knowledge (completion or near completion of relevant degree)
• Willingness to undertake further studies (CPA, ACA, SIA)
• Good verbal & written communication skills
• Good interpersonal and relationship skills
Joining Westpac has many perks. You’ll be
- Able to have access to some of the best banking, wealth and insurance benefits in the market
- Offered a highly competitive remuneration that is fair and consistent for all our people
- Entitled to a suite of online learning, training modules and career planning tools to grow with us
- Encouraged to participate in the community through paid volunteer leave and th possibility of permanent recruitment within the group.