Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power& process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are currently sourcing a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our team in Melbourne on a permanent basis. Reporting to multiple Lead E&I Engineers, the successful applicant will be part of a busy project team delivering brownfields oil & gas modification projects for our clients.
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
- Responsible for planning, co-ordinating and directing a major segment or technical aspect of the engineering related activities within a project
- Directly responsible for the performance of Senior Engineers and Lead Design Draftspersons within the project team
- Must be familiar with relevant codes, client Design Specifications and procedures, and have a thorough working knowledge of the latest design and analytical techniques
- Provide functional engineering input to assigned projects
- Provides technical support to designers
- Executes discipline front end and detailed design input to engineering projects
- Organises, executes and coordinates assignments within agreed budget and schedule
- Assist with compilation of safety critical engineering documentation to facilitate project close-out
- Regulator interaction with colleagues and lead engineer to meet schedule.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline (B.Sc/ M.Sc/ B.Eng) and eligible for membership of an internationally accepted applicable professional Institute. e.g. IET, Engineers Australia
- Should have over 12 years of post-graduate experience, with 9 years in the oilfield or petrochemical industry, including 3 years as Senior Engineer
- Good knowledge of local and international codes and standards used in oil and gas and refining for electrical engineering. Under direction from lead engineer, capable of applying advanced engineering techniques on engineering problems and methods
- Capable of communicating and interfacing effectively with other disciplines, project managers, and clients’ representatives.
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability.
How to Apply
Please quote job reference IRC147305 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system – applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Visit Wood at www.woodplc.com and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.