Our mission at Elenium: To develop and deliver innovative automation technology for airports, airlines and their customers.
Our vision: A world where you can relax and enjoy the journey with technology that moves you faster.
We are an exciting and rapidly growing company, based in Tullamarine, Melbourne.
The Production & Engineering manager will play a key role in the continued growth of Elenium Automation.
The role has oversight and line-management responsibilities of the following disciplines:
- Product Design & Engineering – Electronic, Electrical and Mechanical
- Production – Product assembly, warehouse, shipping & logistics
- Management of product manufacture, assembly, testing and packaging for shipment.
- Day-to-day operation of the factory floor including line management of workshop staff, workshop systems and policies, workshop cleanliness and order.
- Responsible for resource planning and forecasting
- Develop and maintain production manufacturing schedules across the organisation.
- Contribute to continuous evolution of; and adherence to, the corporate workplace health and safety policy and practices.
- Responsible for inventory control, management & planning
- Drive production and manufacturing process automation and improvements to deliver operational efficiencies and lower the cost of manufacture.
- Monitor product faults to establish if trends are emerging and define response policy and procedure.
- Reduce manufacturing rework rates across the entire manufacturing and production process (including supplier quality assurance).
- Management of assigned budget.
- Regular reporting of team progress, status and deviation.
- Risk management
Oversight and Management of product design activities including:
- Component selection and architecture
- Materials selection
Management of the production of Management of design challenge and reviews,
Responsible for adherence to release management processes, including design reviews and signoff.
Ensure adherence to standards for the maintenance, creation, registration and storage of documentation within an appropriate document control structure.
Manage continuous improvement program to help improve cost and quality, including sub-assembly design, assembly efficiencies, materials selection and aesthetics.
This role reports to the Head of Product Development
The following position report to this role:
- Design Engineers
- Workshop & assembly technicians
- Warehouse staff
Experience and Skills
- 8+ years in a production & engineering line-management position
- A+ communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Project Management Qualification in a mainstream discipline