· Responsible for consistent application of all standard project management methodology processes, tools, and documentation throughout the project lifecycle as aligned to the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
· Understands service offerings so that they can identify and articulate new business opportunities and provide sales support.
· Drives all aspects of project management activity, including collaborating and coordinating across the organization and ensuring the following:
o Changes that affect scope, schedule and resources are identified, managed and controlled with an integrated and cohesive plan.
o Scope is defined, approved, managed, controlled; ensuring completed deliverables are accepted by the customer.
o Schedule is developed and managed to on-time delivery.
o Costs are estimated and managed to deliver project within customer approved budget, while preserving profit margins.
o Resources are assigned and managed effectively and efficiently.
o Risks and issues are proactively identified and managed.
o High quality is planned and delivered on the project, meeting all agreed upon requirements and ensuring high customer satisfaction through the management of the overall customer experience.
o Communications are planned and conducted during the project to ensure stakeholders are involved, expectations are accurately set, managed, and key stakeholders receive adequate communications throughout the project lifecycle and this includes customer and Dell stakeholders.
o Purchases are planned and suppliers are managed efficiently and according to policy.
Dell offers flexible work solutions and this role is deemed remote. Under this model the team member’s primary work location is their home office. Dell provides an office setup allowance as well as an IT connectivity solution that enables the team member’s home office to function as their primary work location.
- Baseline security clearance
- 6 – 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Basic capability in PMI PMBOK knowledge areas to the extent necessary to effectively manage or support projects.
- Demonstrates adequate proficiency in the specific tools that are available and required as part of the company’s project management information system (PMIS).
- Network building: Builds a network of experts drawn from within Dell.
- Effectively navigate and utilize network contacts across various segments/business units; leveraging best practices from across the project management community.
- Undergraduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0-2 years relevant experience