A large well known retail organisation is looking for a Project Manager to commence a 6 month rolling contract (with potential to become permanent) based out in Sydney's CBD. Reporting to the Head of PMO, as the Project Manager you will be responsible for the overall project delivery and profitability as well as:
Provide project management leadership on Customer projects.
The person must be able to lead application development projects through all stages of the project life cycle (requirements definition, design, build, test, deploy, and post-implementation support).
The project is about to deliver a new cloud technology stack with a new application that is to be integrated with an existing application.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Manages small to medium projects fully responsible for P&L of straight forward, fairly predictable projects.
- Participates in customer pre-sales activities and workshops as requested to define the cost estimation of the project, using predefined tools contributing to economic and technical feasibility and business value to be delivered.
- Defines the project plan, budget and schedules all project activities in order to have a sound basis for project performance measurement and appropriate levels of customer ‘sign off’.
- Defines and deploys project organisation and governance including work streams, roles and responsibilities, advisory board and steering committees.
- Ensures project realisation in terms of project scope, time, costs and quality. Manages project performance and risks against the agreed plan, including the change control process, and initiates ' timely 'remedial' actions, contract changes and escalations and ensures the formal handover of the solution, based on prior defined acceptance and handover criteria.
- Drives and controls the project P&L including financial forecasting. Reports accurately and timely the status and profitability of the project and escalates delta's to DN and to the customer.
- Ensures all project stakeholders are timely identified and informed. Establishes trustworthy relations with key stakeholders on operational level. Ensures that conflicts of interests are resolved in time and according to the target project scope.
- Chooses best fitting DN PM practices and assures compliance across the project. Reviews existing DN PM practices, shares learning's within the SW PM community.
- Manages all assigned project resources, in alignment with line management.
- Agrees performance objectives monitors, reviews and supports performance.
- Directing the work of project team comprising of onshore and offshore Project resources.
- Experience working in a matrix environment and teams working in different geographical locations including offshore.
- Understand and follow policies and procedures such as change management, project governance, configuration management and release management.
- PMI “Project Management Professional (PMP)” certification or equivalent will be an advantage.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or PRINCE2.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or related certification preferred.
- Technology familiarity with Cloud, client server, web services, content management and internet, network components – load balancing, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Background in Loyalty and Offer Management.
- Demonstrated Agile software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying IT systems security methods and techniques to systems design.
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience, preferably in the retail industry.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience.
- Industry specific process know-how for Retail processes is highly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of modern, agile SW development methodologies like SCRUM and Kanban, as well as the traditional plan-driven methodologies (V-model, waterfall).
- Customer focused behaviour, consultancy and presentation skills.