EY has established legal practices throughout most major centers across the globe. In Australia, Law is a fast growing practice. That means opportunities for our people every day – and a need for talented, ambitious professionals to join us now and fuel our growth tomorrow.
The team continues to grow and we are now searching for lawyer with four to seven years’ experience to join our strong real estate team in Sydney. We are looking for a senior associate level real estate and construction lawyer with well-rounded experience preferably gained at a top tier firm. This role has excellent prospects for progression and offers a great opportunity to work in a highly experienced and dedicated team. Keys to success in this role are a positive “can do” attitude, a passion for technology, an ability to work independently and strong desire to collaborate cross-discipline.
Your key responsibilities
- Advise a range of developers and major corporates in a stimulating multi-disciplinary environment in relation to all aspects of real estate and construction
- Work closely with both legal and advisory practitioners
- Conduct Due Diligence
- Contract drafting, review and preparation
- Develop your career by receiving excellent mentoring from highly experienced lawyers.
Skills and attributes for success
- The ideal candidate will be commercially astute
- Demonstrate strong technical skills
- Natural relationship building and inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills and keen attention to detail.
To qualify for the role you must have the following
- Experience as a lawyer in an Australian top-tier firm preferred
- Experience in the property and construction sector
- Excellent client facing skills and strong commercial acumen
- Experience in working as part of a team, with the ability to build effective internal and external relationships.
What we look for
In addition a willingness to co-ordinate and work together with the other teams of EY international is essential. EY is a global professional services firm and most of our work involves working together with various other professional teams in various locations.
About EY Law Practice
We are part of the expanding EY legal network which includes offices in the Asia-Pacific region, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas. EY Law has a truly global footprint, comprising over 1800 lawyers across 75 countries. Whether acting for a client in a single legal capacity or as part of a formal multi-service EY engagement, our direct access to EY’s international network ensures clients receive an efficient, streamlined and cost effective service.
We work closely with our Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory colleagues, we draw on extensive experience beyond the borders of law to provide multidisciplinary services. Our Law network brings together legal specialists around the world and is continuing to grow at a rapid rate.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. With our commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.