Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialise in corporate trust, mortgage, bankruptcy, class action, utility and tax voucher administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement. Many of the world’s leading organisations use us to streamline and maximise the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers.
Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 14,000 employees worldwide.
Following the restructure of the Computershare Investor Services – Corporate Services team based in Melbourne, a new role has been formed comprising of Payment Services and Corporate Action Co-ordinators.
There are several key elements of the Senior Manager – Corporate Activity:
- Manage all leadership aspects of Payment Services teams, Corporate Action project co-ordinators and associated specialists. This includes people development, team cohesion, diversity, flexible work arrangements, resource management, cross-skilling, recruiting and role re-engineering.
- Manage all aspects of event management for payments, processes, stakeholder management, risk and communication with respect to payment services in the CPU AU business.
- Actively manage Corporate Action project co-ordinators, working very closely with project managers and other relevant internal and external stakeholders, including intermediaries, CCS and Operations, Technology and finance colleagues.
- Actively manage team and department risks (identification, risk mitigation and issue management), workforce planning, continuous improvement, process re-engineering, use and improvement of technology, finance and quality aspects of Payment Services and Corporate Action co-ordination.
The successful candidate will deliver service excellence to our clients (internal and external), ensure certainty and continuously develop people and processes to achieve business objectives.
- Create a high performance and customer centric culture
- Increase staff satisfaction and ensure improvements in Employee Satisfaction Survey results
- Ensure employees clearly understand Ops/Company/stakeholder strategies and how their role contributes to the attainment of team goals
- Define, maintain and improve processes for Payments and Ops, ensure these are documented and applied to the wider team
- Actively assess key risks and develop mitigation strategies and facilitate process re-engineering when required
- Ensure financial success through management of the Payment Services and project co-ordinators budget by meeting or exceeding EBITDA targets
- Proactively identify areas for cost reduction and/or revenue generation
- Actively participate in enterprise initiatives, including process automation and innovation
- People leadership, management and experience coaching a large team to achieve its objectives
- Experience within financial services with proven understanding of the financial services market/industry
- Experience setting and adjusting business strategy/developing a long term vision
- Account Management Experience, running and executing projects
- Experience in financial reporting inclusive of tracking and adjusting budgets/running a profit and loss statement
- Proven ability to engage and build rapport with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including Company Secretaries and Investor Relations contacts
- Highly developed business acumen and organisational planning capabilities
- Proven risk awareness and detection of issues, ensuring compliance to procedures and regulatory requirements, development of process to minimise risk
- Process development and/or business process re-engineering
- Exposure to the securities industry particularly registry
- Demonstrated experience in winning new business and retention of relationship with clients
- Experience with a back office environment
- Workforce planning principles