A wee bit of background:
At Redbubble we place great importance on continuously evolving our product design and user experience to grow our community of artists and their fans. And that is where you come in. We are adding another talented and thoughtful Senior Product Designer into our growing Product Design Team to help us expand our capability and evolve experiences for both our artists and customers.
Our product design team believes in a highly collaborative working style, so as a Senior Product Designer, you will be working closely with Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers working on a variety of interesting design challenges. We have a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and regular validation with our users. We get excited about solving user experience challenges using simple empathetic design solutions and we hope you do too.
So, if you love crafting effective user journeys, have a Sigmund Freud like curiosity for understanding the psychology of user behaviour and have mastered interaction design best practices then get prepared to develop solutions which impact millions of users who love design related products.
Day in the life of a Senior Product Designer:
- Actively contribute to Redbubble’s product design strategy.
- Work collaboratively with Product Managers & Software Engineers in the discovery and execution of design opportunities.
- Conduct user research including writing discussion guides, moderating validation sessions and interviews.
- Leverage insight to uncover user problems and opportunities.
- Explore user problems via flows, wireframes, designs and prototypes before putting them in front of users.
- Ensure interfaces remain high quality and cohesive throughout implementation.
- Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams.
- Collaborate effectively with a genuinely open attitude and actively seek feedback.
- Share creative excellence and enthusiasm for meaningful design.
What youll bring to the Bubble:
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products.
- Uncommonly brilliant design skills: Visual, information architecture, experience flows, wireframing and prototyping among the most important.
- An open attitude and confidence collaborating with user researchers, product managers and developers.
- Experience with usability testing and user research methods.
- Solid understanding of technical requirements and basic understanding of limitations of web platforms.
- Preferred HTML and CSS skills and an ability to code your own design solutions.
- Proficiency in tools such as Sketch & Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator and prototyping tools like InVision & Flinto.
- Passionate about good design, product ownership, communication and collaboration.
Life Inside the Bubble:
Our culture attracts well-balanced people with a deep passion for our mission and active lives outside of work. That is why we have fantastic benefits including a fully stocked kitchen and a generous personal learning budget to aid your personal development! We also pride ourselves on things like transparency, and an open culture. Youll get heaps of flexibility on how you work and always feel safe bringing great ideas to the table. Oh, and in the middle of your strategy sessions, you can step away to spend time in our meditation room or join our weekly band practice! Where else can you get that all in one place?