Senior Software Developer Global Online Travel leader
Woolloomooloo, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
About HomeAway and Stayz:
HomeAway is an exciting international company that is transforming travel as the world’s leading holiday rental online marketplace. A business division of global online travel leader Expedia, HomeAway operates sites listing over 1.2 million holiday rental homes in 190 countries. The HomeAway portfolio includes the leading holiday rental websites around the world, such as Stayz, Bookabach and HomeAway local brands in the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Stayz is looking for a talented and passionate senior Java developer to play a lead role in the Global Experience Team. In this role youll work closely with business owners and talented teams of developers to ensure successful delivery of projects for the worlds largest holiday rental business. You will help provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of a global solution to support the rapid growth of HomeAways business into new markets. You will have the opportunity to work across the entire technology stack of HomeAway and all major lines of business and play a major technical role as we expand into new markets and businesses.
As a senior member of our team you will:
– Help provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of global solutions
– Use deep understanding of HomeAway systems to provide technical leadership in integration of off-platform systems with HomeAways data schema
– Develop scalable, tested and reliable applications for a fast paced distributed SOA environment
– Be comfortable driving development through agile software lifecycle from concept to production and beyond
– Find creative and simple solutions to challenging problems, with a focus on getting things done in a test & learn culture
– Build relationships with technical leaders across the HomeAway business to ensure effective technical collaboration
– Appreciate and enhance a dynamic and close-knit software development team committed to mutual learning through technical leadership, peer code reviews and innovation
– Be encouraged to participate in HomeAways inventive culture including contributing to inner source, open source, HackAway and HomeAway technical blogs.
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
– Experience with CI/CD tools like Maven, Git, Jenkins and TeamCity
– Knowledge of TDD, BDD, microservices and event-driven frameworks
– Experience with Unicode and multi-language platform solutions
– Expertise in working with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban
– Experience collaborating on a cross-functional and cross-geography team
– Strong problem solving capability
– Great communication skills and an ability to organise and deliver complex information in a manner appropriate for a variety of audiences.
– Familiarity with REST and service-oriented architecture particularly Dropwizard
– Experience as a developer in the online Vacation Rentals industry
– Familiarity with multiple programming languages and an ability/willingness to learn