Thales Australia is part of a leading international electronics and systems group serving the defence, aerospace and space, security, and transport markets in Australia and throughout the world. Our expertise ranges across protected mobility vehicles and integrated communications solutions for defence through to security solutions and systems integration for the commercial sector.
Thales Underwater Systems (UWS) is a global leader in advanced Sonar systems and for more than 2 decades has been responsible for delivering systems to both civilian and military customers. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our team to work on Graphical user Interface (GUI) projects for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN).
- Perform requirement analysis of the Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) and develop acceptance test strategies
- Design and implement various Computer Software Components (CSC) and Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI)
- Implement and Unit Level Test various Computer Software Units (CSU)
- Perform Software, System and Hardware Integration of the final product
- Perform software acceptance testing and system level testing
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required Includes:
- Bachelor Degree in Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering (with a major in Computer Systems)
- Committed team player
- Highly developed communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Motivated self-starter with very good technical and problem solving skills
- Experience in software architectural design for complex, concurrent, distributed and real-time systems
This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career with a global company!
To apply for this role you must be eligible for a Defence Security Clearance. The suitable candidate may need to be ITARS cleared; therefore Thales need to know if you hold any other passport other than Australian, or have dual citizenship.
Interested so far? Please click on “Apply” to submit your cover letter and CV.