Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
The Solutions Architect is the primary technical solution crafter for clients in the Dimension Data business. The Solutions Architect has broad product knowledge integrated with strong technology understanding. The individual may focus on a particular area of technology or domain and associated products. This employee’s primary responsibility will be the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution. This will include the ability to design the physical domain from the communications layer, to networking protocols, network gear, interconnects, hardware for all services (apps, web, database, storage and HA/DR) and all cloud services for hybrid solutions.
What we expect you to do:
• Outline CS Technical Architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation.
• Take responsibility for the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution.
• Be responsible for solution design, business development, and transition of projects from presales to delivery, and sales support.
• Work with Solutions Architects to produce a technical specification for the custom development and systems integration requirements for the solution.
• Participate or lead in scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job:
• Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must have excellent technical problem solving skills, including identifying and addressing performance problems, system defects, hardware issues, etc.
• The ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the solution leads to business transformation
• Must be able to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical/business oriented audiences
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.