Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential?
If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Dimension Data offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re positioned to lead the change in the biggest transformation that the IT industry has seen in decades — and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas. As a Global Top Employer to over 28,000 great people in more than 58 countries, you’ll be working with teams across the world. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Architect to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
The primary responsibility of the Solutions Architect is to work with colleagues and clients within less complex information technology environments. They provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyse and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of application software, infrastructure and related technology components. They advise and execute on the best design for information technology architectures. Their primary objective is to ensure the optimal functioning of an entity’s IT application software and infrastructure by outlining Solutions Architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation. This employee design and communicate high level structure to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs.
What we expect you to do
• Outline CS Solutions Architecture descriptions across domains, functions, and industries, then monitoring and governing the implementation.
• Design best practice which enables them to act as trusted advisors to the architecture consulting team on optimal infrastructure designs.
• Apply design methodology principles in a logical and scientific manner to perform a detailed analysis of client requirements to create designs for conceptual architectural designs.
• Involved with a project at the time of inception and is involved in the Governance and Functional analysis (FA) of developing the initial requirements.
• Researches and investigates emerging infrastructure technologies and the best practices associated with them.
Here’s what we are looking for in candidates for this job
• Knowledge and understanding of IT industry environment and business needs
• Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, etc.) and how to operate under structured project management
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must have excellent technical problem solving skills, including identifying and addressing performance problems, system defects, hardware issues, etc.
• Assertive in approach coupled with confidence in area of expertise
Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today!
Diversity in Dimension Data
Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.