Tier II Technical Support Representative
OpenTable’s Technical Support team provides the touch point to our restaurants and dining customers. At OpenTable we are constantly developing new products to support the best dining experience for both our dining guests and our restaurant clients. You continue to be the everyday voice of OpenTable. You are friendly, professional, empathetic and have an extreme desire to ensure that your customer concern is resolved! We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical expertise, creativity and passion to meet their needs—and remind them that behind our wonderful products are amazing people committed to their success!
As one of our OpenTable Technical Support Tier 2 Representatives, you’re the resident expert and coach for many of our popular products. You’re consumed by ensuring our customers have properly working systems, and to do that must have the ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot OpenTable hardware and software, as well as interface our products with other systems. You must be able to multitask across systems and applications, analyze and resolve a variety of complex technical issues and comfortably navigate a Mac or PC environment. You will need to comfortably interface with multiple organizations throughout our company, and succinctly explain concerns when escalating assistance from those partners. You are an OpenTable emissary, not only able to help fix technical issues, but ensure each customer you help feels that their business and concern will receive your full focus and commitment to follow through to the fastest resolution of their concern. Bottom line, you genuinely want everyone you engage with for OpenTable to have an incredible customer experience!
- 2+ Years of professional troubleshooting experience.
- Bilingual English/Japanese would be highly desirable.
- Proven technical ability in solving problems with both hardware and software.
- Technical degree(s) and/or certification(s) highly preferred.
- Experience working in a client support role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workloads; time management a must.
- You are friendly, empathetic, and passionate about delivering amazing customer success. You are equally motivated to finding the best solution for a technical issue as you are about ensuring each customer feels special and knows that OpenTable cares.
- Availability to attend (up to) approximately three weeks of required training.
- Flexibility to work between the hours. Ability to be flexible with the amount of hours of work depending on business needs.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.