Australia offers a metropolitan lifestyle, and there are many lucrative job opportunities. It is famous for a top standard of living that serves as a great attraction to many migrants from all corners of the world. In the past two decades, there were many changes in its immigration policy and procedures. It was also greatly successful in accommodating thousands of migrants in its population. Also, as per the 2016 Census more than one-fourth of the Australian population comprised of immigrants. Additionally, they make a significant contribution to its rapidly increasing economy. There is a multi-cultural hotspot that invites hordes of eligible aspirants and also strengthens the skilled workforce.
Benefits of an Australian permanent resident:
- Living and working permanently in Australia, in the nominated occupation that is present on the Australia Skilled Occupation List. Australia offers a fine employment rate, and also observes fair practices in the industrial domain. There is a high minimum wage accompanied by many employment benefits which protect all categories of job seekers.
- Students can avail the top services offered by world famous educational institutions and also pursue a wide range of courses in Australia.
- The country offers great scope for the Entrepreneurs and investors to establish invest and expand their business in Australia.
- There is a provision for the PR visa holders to enroll in Medicare – the healthcare scheme in the country.
- There is a provision for the PR to avail bank loans and also buy a property in the country.
- A citizen or an Australian permanent resident can sponsor PR applications of eligible spouse/relative who intends to join them.
- After living for four years in Australia on a valid visa, a PR holder can submit the citizenship application, subject to fulfilling a set of requirements. On approval of the citizenship application, they gain many additional benefits.
The Adult Migrant English Program is free training with a focus on the English language for the benefit of new migrants requiring improvement in their communication ability. Through this, they enhance their employability and can also assimilate into the local communities.
The Travel Facility also permits PRs to travel abroad and also return to the country for many visits, up to five years after receiving the PR visa.
Furthermore, the PR holders in Australia enjoy access to many benefits similar to Australian citizens but do not have the right to:
- vote in elections
- Hold the Australian Passport
- Avail an Educational Loan
- Join the Australian Defense Force
- Work in the National Government
Applicants must also consider the benefits of Australian immigration and the details regarding the permanent residency. The PR opens a window of opportunities and increases the quality of life of immigrants.